Pages

Sunday, February 28, 2021

Email to Innocent, who sell fruity drinks, 14th February 2020

 To whoever's in charge of your business.

Dear Boss,

I'm the @Flashmaggie that someone in your organisation unfollowed on Twitter at the behest of a guy called Andrew, who claimed that I'm transphobic and could somehow tarnish your reputation by association.

I couldn't care less if you follow me or not and hadn't noticed that you did. The whole thing has blown up out of all proportion but, as you'll now have realised, a lot of people did care much more about it than me. Sorry.

But I do care that you apparently don't understand why people like Andrew, whoever he is, take it upon themselves to police the internet for people like me. I'm very concerned about the nonsense peddled by the Stonewall pressure group and the like that can have serious consequences for all sorts of innocent people, including women, children, transsexuals and trans-identifying people themselves. Some have been personally affected, by losing their livelihoods over false accusations, by being abandoned by their husbands, by having "treatment" that caused irreparable damage, by hatred and bullying, even death threats. Which brings me to my son, who's already been in touch with you because he's worried about the abuse and threats my opinions have attracted. He's waiting for a response.

I know that Coca-Cola is a Stonewall Champion, and there's probably not much you can do about that, but maybe you could inform yourselves by reading my blog, and following the link to an article by Helen Joyce at the end?

And please apologise to my son, who loves me and worries about me.

Margaret Nelson

__________

No answer...
but not surprising, considering that CocaCola is a Stonewall Champion with multiple ethical issues.

2 comments:

Mary Humphreys said...

I wonder if Innocent thinks its name is held in such high esteem that a woman’s concern about fair play won’t affect its sales to any great extent? I hope that they discover that in the UK we still believe everyone deserves a fair hearing and that you have made enough noise about the issue to bring its sales down sharply.
I am so disappointed that they do not explain their lack of concern for your son’s state of mind.

Thank you for your stand on this issue.
Mary
@MaryBCH

Margaret Nelson said...

Thank you Mary.